Thursday, May 7, 2009

Another wonderful day! I worked from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.

My work day consisted of:
  • attending a Mother's Day Tea (brief musical program by 2, 3 and 4 year olds) and refreshments in their classrooms,
  • lunch...of leftover beef vegetable soup served over rice....which was actually fairly well received by the children :)
  • nap-time for the youngest and 'quiet-time' for the 4 year old.
  • By 2:15 we headed out the door to pick up the 5 year old at her school and then due to an imposing thunderstorm and rain,
  • we headed to the library for an hour or so. We had a lovely time at the library since I toted along some drawing paper, stencils,'writing' tablet and assorted pencils. The girls really enjoyed finding a table in the "Children's Section" of the library and doing, what they called "homework"! (Just wait until they are FORCED to do the real thing!! Wonder how that will go?) The 2 year old played very nicely with the many puzzles at the library as well as a car that he carried with him into the library. The older children selected a few new books to check out and
  • then off we went to the family's church's public supper that is held every Thursday night. We have been attending this supper since the beginning of Lent and the kids seem to enjoy it....and I don't have to cook!! Tonight's meal was very good; pork loin, macaroni and cheese and fresh cooked green beans. Always on the menu are chicken nuggets for the kids and a really nice buffet of assorted fruit and light desserts. My work day ended at 6 p.m. with 'mom' taking the children home from the supper. Of course, in between all that 'scheduled' activity of the day, my responsibilities include all the normal household tasks that any 'stay-at-home' mom would be doing during the day. You know the saying, "my work is never done"!

Following the afternoon thunderstorm, the evening turned out to be quite nice so I decided that a walk at the beach and some scavenging for 'sea glass' would be therapeutic! After about 40 minutes of combing the beach, I ended up with a large handful of nice sea glass! I spent much of my time praying as I combed the beach so the time was well spent and very relaxing!


As I sat in my car for a few moments before I left the beach I noted how still and calm the water of the Long Island Sound looked. I had to get out and snap a photo! (in the distance, even on this somewhat hazy evening, you can see Long Island in the distance!)

It's times like this evening....of sheer quiet, peace and joy....when I wish that a photo could capture the heart and emotions of a moment. Even though, I'll share the photo with you and assure you that the evening was one of intimacy with God and experiencing the fullness of Him. I pray that you, too, would experience God-filled days and know His joy and peace like only He can give!

No comments: