Monday, May 25, 2009


Happy Memorial Day! I am spending a few days relaxing with family in PA.

Today I attended our small community's Memorial Day Service. It was meaningful and allowed for time to reflect on the many acts of sacrificial service our military has given throughout our country's history. My own father, who is now 93 years old, served during WWII in the Pacific Theater Operations. I have two sons who served in the military as well. Navy and Air Force. Today was a day to honor the many veterans of our country. I have always loved seeing the many cemeteries in our country that are adorned with flowers and flags to commemorate our veterans and honor loved ones. The above photo was taken in Darien, CT at the Spring Grove Cemetery.
As the second photo indicates, I am thoroughly enjoying the relaxing country air in my hometown of the village of Beaver Springs, PA. At this moment, I am sitting on my sister's front porch watching a baseball game which is being played on the local middle school ball field. (across from her home). Life is good :)
See you in CT on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Adie said...

I missed you by one day! I was in Snyder County for two weeks and drove back this past Sunday. Ain't it nice to have a place like BSprings & Btown to come home to?