Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Could-a, Should-a, Would-a"!

Friday I was driving in Darien and caught a glimpse of ....YES!!!...Crocus blooming! They were white and peaking up through some dried leaves and other rubbish. How I LOVE to watch for these first signs of SPRING! I "COULD-A" stopped and taken a photo....but I was in a fairly busy residential area and didn't stop. :(

Yesterday I took my three charges to my church's annual Spaghetti Supper. (I'm a nanny to three of the greatest children in the world....ages 5, 4 and 1.75). The kids all behaved WONDERFULLY and the yummy dinner was followed by a 'Talent Night". Earlier in the month, I had discussed with another mom, the idea of the children of the church (and my charges) all joining together to sing a little 'kiddie song' for this Talent Show, however, we sort of left the idea drop and really didn't make any definite plans. I had, however, mentioned the idea to "Monkey" and "Peanut", my two older charges, and suggested we might sing "Jesus Loves Me". We even 'rehearsed' the song in the car earlier in the week and again as we traveled to last night's supper. Nothing more was said to the children, but as the kids sat in the front row last night, with two other little ones from the church, one of my charges spoke up and told the Pastor (as he introduced the Talent portion of the evening) that they were going to sing a song! As he 'bantered' with the kids about singing, I spoke up and told the pastor that the kids DID practice a song and would like to sing! I helped the kids out a little bit, but really didn't need to since the older girls sang their little hearts out! The middle child ("Peanut") even did the hand motions to the song and when she sang, "They are weak, but He is strong", she raised her hands and squeezed her fists to show His strength as hard as she could! It was SO CUTE! I "SHOULD-A" taken a photo, but didn't. :(

If I HAD been prepared to take advantage of these recent photo opportunities, I "WOULD-A" had a much nicer blog entry for today!

This was a lesson to KEEP THE CAMERA READY!! Have a SUPER Lord's Day!

2 comments:

Kay said...

duh.. and since you have such a lovely little camera case your camera should have been in your purse and ready at a moment's notice!!!!

~ Lindy ~ said...

yep....it was in my purse....just didn't take the time to stop and snap!! And the girls LOVE my camera case!!!