Friday, February 20, 2009

Hi bloggers! Guess most of you are saying TGIF today!! I actually had yesterday off work and will go back to work next Tuesday, so I was saying TGI-W earlier in the week! My employer is SO GOOD to me!

Yesterday I had some minor out-patient surgery done and today is a recuperation day! The surgery went well and the general anesthesia WORKED!! Today I can hardly tell I had surgery! I am very thankful for God's awesome protection and care.

This morning I spent time reading God's Word and getting 'refueled' and ready to serve Christ.

I then ventured out and had a late breakfast at a local diner. I just LOVE diners and there are many in the area where I live. My favorite is the Orem Diner in Wilton, CT. It's a bit of a drive, but well worth the trip!

Following my leisurely breakfast, I stopped off at Wal-Mart to pick up a few items and found some SUPER sales on leftover Valentine's Day merchandise! I purchased a few packs of sparkly silver 'wands' for my two little charges to use at a future "Little Girl Party"! (at 50 cents for a pack of 4!) Also found a few pairs of VERY COMFY stretchy pants that I like to lounge around in on sale for $8.00 so I purchased those and of course, I HAD to pick up a bag of "Jelly Belly's" that were on sale. Don't ya' just love those gourmet jelly beans???

Next stop after Wal-Mart was Panera Bread in Darien. I took my lap top with me when I left the house this morning as I had planned to end up at either Panera or the library for an afternoon of web-browsing. I have Wi-Fi in my house, but I really wanted to be out in public. (needed a change of scenery!)

Here's a photo of me.....sitting at Panera enjoying the afternoon! You can tell by the photo that today is definitely an R & R day! I'm dressed in very comfy clothes and even threw a scarf over my hair so I wouldn't have to fuss with it!

Also pictured is my view at Panera Bread from my little round corner table!

It's been a fun day and I may even proceed to another diner for a later supper! This life of 'leisure' is great! Hope you all are having a fantastic day! I am sensing God's Presence and Power in a wonderful way lately. I am blest to know Christ and to know that HE knows and loves me! Best to you all!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Don't ya just love Panera? I hate that there's not one near my school, so I always have to go there when I'm at home.