Sunday, January 25, 2009

Grrr..... I can't believe that I've got ANOTHER cold!!

I'm sitting here with a stuffy nose and scratchy throat. I don't know....maybe it's allergies?? I've been treated before for allergy symptoms and the Clariton that I took at the time sure did the trick! Perhaps I should treat these symptoms as such.

Oh wow....gotta share this with you all! Last night I came home from work....an hour earlier than scheduled since my employer was out of town and 'dad' was in charge of the household. We had everything under control and he sent me home! Yippee! So, I arrived home and decided to color my hair. This time I used a dark brown color and WHAT A MESS I had! I was sure my forehead and ears would be stained blackish purple for weeks! As I was cleaning up all the excess color, including drips on the floor and even the wall, I decided that perhaps I shouldn't keep this color on my hair for the full 25 minutes. After about 15 minutes I hopped in the shower and rinsed my hair and washed. I actually decided NOT to shave my legs since I had just done that a few days ago and, as all you girls will agree....why do it if you don't NEED to!!!

Now, here's the amazing part.....! I got out of the shower, wrapped my hair, dried my body and headed to my bedroom and put on a shirt. I returned to the bathroom and hung up the towel and attempted to wipe off the counters and tidy the area and as I went to turn on the water.....THERE WAS NONE! Neither was there water in my kitchen! WOW....was I happy that I decided to rinse my hair after only 15 minutes, instead of the normal 25 minutes! Can you imagine having dark brown color on your hair and finding out you don't have WATER!!!???

Of course, I DO NOT believe in coincidences.....I fully trust that God orchestrated my getting into the shower to be fully washed and rinsed by the time the water shut off! HE knows all things and my hair coloring experience was not out of His observation and care!! Pretty amazing testimony, huh???

It's now Sunday morning and I'm still without water. I heated some Newman's Own Lemonade and added a tea bag to it in an effort to replicate my ever essential cup of morning tea. Not much luck....for future reference! After calling the water company, I learned that there is, indeed, a water line break just around the corner from my home and they say, "your water should be back on in a few hours". I'm thinking......do I want to go to church and brush my teeth and wash my face in the bathroom there????? It's early...guess I can wait the few hours to make that decision. I sort of wish I had slept late this morning!

Have a wonderful day today!

2 comments:

Kay said...

no water, no fun! Sure does make you appreciate it when it finally comes on again. I hope you get yours back soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindy, glad you decided to rinse when you did! ha ha That nearly happened to me one time so I can relate. I saw from Kay's blog that Sat. was your birthday. Happy B! Hope you had a nice relaxing day. -- Adie

P.S. God would have still been there even if you had decided not to rinse right away....