Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hi bloggers...

I was snapping photos today as I journaled my activities of the day!

This first photo I took as I drove home from my weekly Bible study. This highway is the Merritt Parkway, which I think is a lovely stretch of road running east and west through CT. I snapped the photo to try to capture the fall foliage, which really is not even near it's peak yet. The Merritt Parkway was named for a US Congressman and was opened in 1938. It is one of the oldest scenic parkways in the US. Check out more information on the Merritt Parkway at Wikiepedia.com.


Following Bible study at the mall in Trumbull, CT, I had my van washed. Pictured is my Ford Freestar mini-van going through the car wash at "Splash". The cool thing at this car wash are the two 'soap guns' that are shown in the photo. I asked the two youngsters who are pictured to demonstrate the "soap guns" for my photo...they happily obliged! I have been known to use the guns myself on occasion! They shoot colored soap foam onto the vehicle as it passes in front of the window!

Next photo was taken at Pear Point Beach in Darien today. I spent about 3-4 hours relaxing at this beach and taking in the wonderful SUNSHINE that was very abundant in CT today! I clipped recipes and did some crossword puzzles as I enjoyed the sun! If you click on this photo to enlarge it, you will see the northern coast of Long Island in the distance!

The last photo I snapped as I drove home from the beach. This stone bridge is a landmark of the town of Darien, CT and really is quite beautiful in architecture and style. For more history and photos on this bridge and town of Darien, visit the Wikiepedia link of Darien, CT. I pass over this bridge nearly every day as I go about my duties related to work.

In the middle of my leisure activities today, I stripped my bed and laundered my sheets and blankets. I dried all of those items outdoors and now my entire bedroom smells of fresh linen! Can't wait to crawl under clean sheets! YUM!

I had a lovely day today and am thoroughly enjoying my 3-day weekend! Hope your weekend is going well!




No comments: