Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another glorious day in CT! The sun is shining, slight breeze is blowing and temps are in the mid-60's!

I played the piano this morning at church and spent some quality time with friends there. I am growing to love the church family where I currently worship and find the pastor VERY grounded in Truth. Today's message focused on 'false prophets' and confirmed exactly what was taught yesterday at an unrelated Bible Study that I attend every week.

Spent a few hours reading and 'sunning' at the beach and as I was driving home, I caught sight of an artist, seated by the side of the road overlooking the landmark stone bridge here in Darien, CT. She was capturing the beautiful sights of autumn on canvas. Wish I were an artist. :) Or....wish I had free time to develop the tiny glimmer of artistic talent that I have.

I re-potted two nice asparagus ferns into a single wooden crate to bring indoors for the winter. Not sure how that will work, as I THINK these ferns tend to be dirty. Anyone have any experience with asparagus ferns? So far, they look great and add some GREEN LIFE in my living room.

I have off work tomorrow and have a few tasks I want to accomplish. I am thinking I'll make a few posters/invitations that will help to promote an 'open door' prayer opportunity that my church is sponsoring next Saturday morning. I'll visit a few local 'hot spots' tomorrow and hang the finished posters on bulletin boards. (good reason to have lunch at Panera Bread!) I hope to do more work on the material that I am creating for nursing home visitation and ministry. It seems the closer I get to completing this project, the more material I find to enlarge and extend the project! I am also in the contemplating / planning stage of designing a project for two Christmas gifts and would like to do a bit of work on that project. So far, I have the 'vision' for the project, but I need to 'dig in' and start selecting fabrics and colors to use. I will be creating a 'lettered' flag banner for each of the girls to hang in their bedroom. I'll keep you posted on that project and provide more explanation and photos as it comes to fruition!

When I have a day off work, I seem to have the mindset that I should just RELAX and do nothing, yet, it is one of the few opportunities I have to take advantage of a large chunk of time and actually be productive! What's your vote? DO NOTHING or BE PRODUCTIVE???

2 comments:

Beth said...

I would be tempted to say be productive...but realistically I would probably just lay in bed all day, a watch gilmore girls, drink a latte and not do anything!

Kay said...

I have an asparagus fern in my sunroom and it did great all last winter. It isn't dirty but it has needles on it.

I think it is good to have a productive day off occasionally...My day off is Saturday's and I like to hang out in bed for awhile then get up and be productive!